Achievements to Date in Cost and Technology
Over the past 6 years, Sunpreme has driven rapid learning cycles at its R&D Labs in Sunnyvale, California, as well as in its manufacturing plant in Jiaxing, China near Shanghai.
We have established core competencies in: a) Materials, equipment, and devices with talent trained at Applied Materials, Intel, and Bell Labs, b) Advanced PV with team members educated at Stanford and Osaka University’s Professor Hamakawa’s group that invented the heterojunction cell, and c) Manufacturing quality and reliability, thanks to leadership previously developed at Intel, SunPower and Canadian Solar.
Sunpreme’s innovative Hybrid Cell Technology (HCT) platform synergizes the efficiency advantage of amorphous Si thin-film based amorphous Si with cost advantages of ultra thin-film materials processed at lower temperatures in a TFT-FPD based PECVD and PVD reactors.
We have many innovations under our belt both on the Cost/ Technology side and on the Business Side.
- Cost: World class LCOE and AC cost per Watt, even at limited production volume
- Efficiency: Cells at 23.5%, modules at 22% with roadmap to 28%
- Device Technology: TF HCT with LTPECVD deposited a-Si:H thin-film p/i//i/n junctions
- Manufacturing Technology: Lean, Moore’s law compatible as proven on TFT-FPD
- Quality and Reliability: Unsurpassed Aesthetics, Fire Class A, Wind resistance to 300 kmh
- Warranty: Performance warranty backed by Munich Re re-insurance
- Deployment: Across 5 continents, in 24 countries
- Growth driver: Premium performance, commodity cost, CAPEX Lite
- Differentiation: SNPM premium panels earn high ratings from independent bodies